- 150 ml rapeseed (or any other tasteless oil, like sunflower) oil peel and juice from 1 lemon
- 125 g (extra) fine sugar for baking
- 150 g of ground almonds (almond flour)
- 75 g finely ground polenta
- 1,5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 eggs (large)
Additionally after baking:
- 150 g of fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar
- Mould: 20 x 20 cm
- Baking paper
- Butter for greasing
- Take out all ingredients 1 hour prior baking as to avoid slack-baked cake all ingredients for the dough should be at room temperature.
- Grease your mould with some butter and line it with the baking paper.
- Hit up the over and set the temperature at 180 ºC.
- Wash the lemon and pour boiling water on it. Peel the lemon to get the zest.
- Put oil, almond flour, ground polenta, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest and eggs to a kitchen processor and mix to combine. It should form a well-integrated yellow cake.
- Pour the dough into the mould and even the surface.
- Now place the raspberries evenly on the top of the dough.
- Place the dough into the oven and bake for 45 minutes. The best will be to check after 40 minutes of backing every 5-10 minutes with the toothpick if the cake is ready (no raw dough should stick to the toothpick).
- When the cake is baked, remove it still warm from the oven.
- Use another toothpick to pierce the dough.
- Pour lemon juice on the top of the top of the cake.
- Wait until the cake is room temperature and optionally sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve cut into squares