Nerina Strawberry is a “Super Strawberry”
Fewer fruits have been studied and researched more than the strawberry. Millions of dollars have been invested into the research of its health giving properties, and what components are responsible for this. Health-wise, Iprona´s Nerina strawberry does everything much better than the ordinary garden strawberry, containing 18 times more anthocyanin polyphenols than its counterpart..
Among the many benefits of Nerina are:
- Benefits to the cardiovascular system, including reduced risk to heart illness: Anthocyanins which are abundant in Nerina strawberries together with other polyphenols are perfect free radical scavengers, which reduce lipid peroxidation in the cell membrane of cells, thereby reducing oxidative stress as well as reducing the amount of circulating fats, including total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Some studies also show that the phytonutrients in strawberries work synergistically with promising effects in lowering the the activity of the enzyme Angiotensin I-converting-enzyme (ACE), an enzyme whose overactivity leads to constriction of blood vessels and retention of salt and water, leading to high blood pressure.
- Improved regulation of blood sugar: there is a documented relationship between strawberry consumption, intake of sugar and lower post-prandial blood sugar spikes, with promising implication for reducing the reliance on insulin-regulating drugs and preventing type-2 diabetes. It was speculated that polyphenols in strawberries played a major role in helping regulate blood sugar response. The investigators noted that the blood sugar spike that followed an excess intake of sugar was reduced by simultaneous consumption of strawberries.
- Support the immune system: the unique combination and concentration of nutrient-rich strawberries help to develop a stronger immune system. Many studies have shown the positive effects of vitamin C on the immune system. Magnesium and folates also play a role in strengthening the body’s immune system.
- Improved brain function: According to research at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, a flavonol (a type of polyphenol) called Fisetin which is found in strawberries and other plants may help prevent memory loss and learning impairments. Fisetin may also help to protect neurons in the brain from aging.
Other potential benefits from strawberry phytonutrients include:
- Maintaining a balance between the anti-inflammatory and pro-inflammatory process
- Lowering moderate elevations of serum cholesterol (showing favorable postprandial effects on glucose and lipid profiles) in healthy or overweight subjects
- Reducing the cellular damage that leads to aging
- Promoting enhanced signaling between brain cells
Visit Iprona´s Website and learn more about this beautiful Nerina strawberry and other berry products.
For references please visit our library of research publications under the section “Studies”.